Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A layout & A Card

Wow, it has been sometime I did a series of a layout and a card post! So I am back to show you what I did with Basic Grey Nook & Pantry collection that has been added into the store recently. Love the bold colors and they do look a little retro to me, no? :)

A lil' scrappy info:


Instead of using alpha stickers, I doodled the word family from a scrap kraft cardstock with American Crafts felt tip marker. Cut it and used it as a title!

If you know me well, you will notice that I love to cut. My favourite pair of Cutterbee scissors has been my companion from the first day I scrap! At the edges of these flowers I folded to give a natural look to it :)

Banners are very much the "in" thing till today. I top them up with sewing to give a very fun look to it!

These days, I love using my EK Success border & Martha Stewart butterfly punch to add more details to the layout!

Next, I created a card using the same Basic Grey Nook & Pantry collection. This card is pretty suitable for a fruit lover. LOL! Hence I titled it "Happy B'day Fruitie" instead of "Happy Birthday Sweetie" :P

This is a pretty straight-forward card. To add dimension, I cut the fruits out and layer them with foam dots. Also added a red bow to create a balance to the colors. :)

Hope you like the projects and be back soon for other updates! Thank you for dropping by again!

Xoxo Jessy

2 comments:

Mel said...

Hi, just popped in to this blog of yours, just love what you have made here, just love those gorgeous nook and pantry papers. Love Melxx

Josie said...

Jessy, you really have great eyes for the right color combi... really fresh layout and card design :)