Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Guest Artist (July)- Liza Yahya

Hello folks,














Introducing our Guest Artist for July...A scrapper, a baker and a mommy, a crafter, known for her details and her delicate use of fabrics in most if not all of her craft projects. Probably a familar face to most, Liza Yahya, who happily shares her creative instinct with us this month through her altered projects and her inspirations as described below.








A little intro...










"When Macy asked me to be her Guest Designer for July I was honoured and flattered. I frequent her lovely shop that's loaded with cool stuffs. Like a kid in a candy store, that's how I behave when I'm there, LOL.

I always have this passion to create.. on a daily basis, yes that bad. Somehow while driving the car or preparing lunch for the kids, there's this side of the brain that keeps beeping ideas on what to create next. I'm sure there's someone like me out there! Whenever a friend comes asking for help to make some altered journals or favors, I always tell them let me dream about it first, I'll probably spill the ideas to you soon! And soon is like after a nap or after washing the dishes?? Funny, hah.

Scrapbooking is really close to my heart as it lifts my spirits when I scrap of my loved ones. It's truly a healing art and I'm often caught smiling while scrapping. Don't we? I don't really have a particular style but lately I love mixing medias. You'll find a mix of paper, acrylic, metal & fabric on my layouts. Somehow those mediums live harmoniously on my canvas! I guess years of raising kids have made me a 'braver' person. On my fridge, there's a magnet that says, " You can't scare me, I gave birth to 4 children". It's so true.. so please be brave, try metal & fabric on your layouts.

My favourite tool is none other than my Big Shot Pro. Its like my handy man. All of my crazy creations become a reality with Mr Big. I run practically everything I could think of through Mr Big. I'm a tool addict. I love making my own embellies and what not. Sometimes they end up looking pretty and sometimes not. That's when Prima flowers and Basic Grey come in handy. LOL.

I also love the fact that scrapbooking allows me to meet new friends without crossing the continent. I cherish the friends I meet along the way. Crafter friends are awesome! Above all, I'm thankful to God for this little gift of creativity and vowed to share this gift with those sincere artful souls. That's why I look forward to long brunches and lunches with my artsy buddies.

I hope my creations here have given you enough to jumpstart that Layout or canvas or frame and boxes that have been sitting pretty for too long. Love and peace to all and FYI I'm already having the itch to stitch. LOL."









-Liza Yahya-








Note: Liza's projects will be posted over 3 weeks, starting this Thursday.




No comments: