Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Little Birdie Told Me.. - a scrapbook layout

Hi there friends! Happy Wednesday! Hope you are in the best of health! To all the Muslim friends, Ramadhan Al-Mubarak! Hope you will stay healthy and fit throughout the fasting month.

Today, it's my turn to post and I'm sharing with you a 12x12 layout.

I have used 2 patterned papers from Webster's Pages - one of which I have used as a whole and the other, which I have used only the top part ( the little birdie told me), which I have added a cardboard to add dimension.

Most of the items I have used here are from my DT kit except for the dimensional paint, the distress inks, alcohol inks and the Calligraphy pen that I have used for the journalling. And, most of the items I have used here are available at Papier!

The techniques used here are pretty straightforward. I have distressed the edge of the papers and ink them before I collage them with the photo. I needed a deeper colours for the Dazzle Me Gems, which was originally screaming bright, so I have added on a bit of alcohol inks onto it. The colours are more subdued..hehe..

I have also used Hambly Screen Prints with the pennants design on it.

The flowers, well, I mix n match whatever I have from my kit and added on distress inks on a very white bloom. If you think that you have flowers ( especially white ) and doesn't blend well, why not try apply distress ink onto it until you get the desired colour. It works big time!

I have used my calligraphy pen for the journalling. I just love them. Since I don't really have a busy layout, I like to apply journalling to give my layout that extra mile. Try it sometime. ;)

Well I guess that's pretty much about it ;).

Thanks for visiting and do hop in to the store to get your latest supplies.

-Nida-

No comments: