Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mini Workshop with Wati Basri

Dear Papier-ians,

I met Wati (through Jessy) during her recent trip to Kuala Lumpur. I have heard of her many times and seen her works online but have not met her in person prior. Her layouts and play of supplies is often times inspiring and you can feel her passion about scrapbooking come to life through her creative works. And as such, was keen for her to share some of her inspirations with our very own scrapbookers.

I am so excited and delighted that she has agreed to be our Guest Design Artist this coming August 2nd. Wati will be conducting a mini workshop session to share with us some of her inspirations and tips & techniques for creating beautiful scrapbook layouts. Her expertise is in layering techniques, not to mention her creative play with embellishments and inks.

Here's a little intro of Wati herself and for those who have not met her, she is as joyful and bubbly as she looks here! :o)

(picture courtesy of Jessy from Fourtwography)

Here's a little intro to Wati herself...

"Hi everyone, I'm Wati from Singapore. Have been scrapping since 2006, and my son, Adam is my muse all these years. I do not have any specific style but I like to layer and cluster on my layouts and most important for me is that I have to focus on the photo!!which would just speak out and shout out loud on the layouts. Currently I own a blog challenge, Scrappin Kids which is nearly 2 years old and also owned the SK Forum. I am also currently designing for Laine's Papeterie which is a local scrapbooking store in Singapore. I had previously designed for US based store and also US based blog challenges. My creations had been published twice at Scrapbook etc and Scrapbooking Trends magazines but of course the best joy of scrapbooking is the sharing of the passion and the joy of making great friends along the way"

Save the date in your calendars if you'd like to sign up for her workshop (as seats are limited) and check back for updates. We will be posting details of her workshop very soon.

Meanwhile, Happy crafting!

:o) Macy

1 comment:

Mazlina said...

sounds like fun!!!! too bad i have something that day.. will be nice to meet watie again, and learn tricks from her!