Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Journal And A Card by Liza Yahya

Hey..hey..as promised.. more from my series of projects using " Printery Collection" papers  by Prima Marketing. Here's a journal that I bound. A confession... I am now a certified book binding junkie ! It's addictive and I've been binding books while watching The Voice!



I'm not explaining the lengths of how to bind a book..for those of you that's keen, just head  to Papier and enroll in the book binding class okay.


The first step in making this journal is preparing the frame for the cover. I used a corrugated board from my recycling bin, cut to fit the book front, ripped off just the top layers of some  parts and apply gesso. Die cut the hardwares using Tim Holtz die, apply gesso. Then distress using a combination of Old Paper and Vintage Photo Ranger's Distress Ink. Cut out the Printery paper slightly bigger than the inner frame and paste on the book cover. Place your frame on it and start to arrange all your favourite embellishments. Walla..!


Another project using the same paper.."A Get Well Soon" card , I love the many possibilities...





Did I tell you something BIG is happening at The Papier store! Check out more updates coming your way..soon.

Material list
A hand bound book
Papers " Printery Collection", flocked rubbed-ons by Prima Marketing
Blooms and embellishments  from my stash

1 comment:

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo that is just fabulous, gorgeous work. Kim