Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A "Jurassic" layout

 

Hello there! It's my time to share my latest artwork using Papier's DT kit for this month and I have given it a title the " Jurassic" Layout.

I have used 3 patterned papers here of different designs and all are shades of brown / orange. The lowest layer was actually filled with white dots and I have applied my gelatos onto all the dots of several colours and lastly sprayed water and mix. Then, I stamped random designs using archival ink onto it.

I wanted to make the layout look "jurasically" aged (lol! Is there such word? Jurasically??) hence started to be too adventurous with my clear gel paste (Liquitex), coloured sprays (Dylusions, Colour wash by Ranger), distress inks, mica flakes and a whole lot of everything else.. Lol!

Let's just say, it's OK to experiment even if some things are totally new or something that you are used to. Add this with that and it's all a guess on how it would turn out later. I love experimenting for there's always an element of surprise and excitement. It just makes you want to create more. Lol!

See ya'

 

No comments: