Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mixed media layout on fabric canvas





Hello! Happy Sunday! Sharing with you today a mixed media project on a 12x12 fabric canvas using lots of Glimmer Mists by Tattered Angels and Distress Paints by Ranger. They are all new at the stores now!

I sketched the girl first and doodled flowers and leaves for the hair. Here, I have only used my fabric sharpies to colour the flowers, leaves and hair. Add on the Sunrise and Sunset metals by Prima for her hair. The canvas was stenciled (Prima) with Distress Paints. I have also used a sequin waste or punchinella with orange distress paints.



Then, add on the flowers by Prima and wooden chippie leaves by Kaisercraft. I have also used Webster's Pages bloomers at the base for these flowers and bit of ribbon lace. The white lace was first distressed with distress ink by Ranger before I secured it to the flowers. I have added also the Sunrise Sunset metals by Prima, which were all painted with a combination of distress paints, acrylic ink and alcohol ink ( a bit of experimenting going on there..lol!)

I have used a large wooden chippie tree by Kaisercraft, which was first coloured with distress paints using a brush. I added more highlights on the leaves using an acrylic paint in green.

The word Unique was distressed with Ranger's Distress Paints too.

Thanks for stopping by. Come and get your Distress Paints and Glimmer Mists from the store! They are selling fast!

See ya' next time!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: