Thursday, September 8, 2011

September Guest Artist- Sandy Ang

Hello folks!

Its September already! Hope y'all had a good break and rested well over the week long vacation and for our Muslim friends, a good start to the Raya celebrations. Well, here's introducing another talented crafter, Sandy Ang, as our September Guest Artist. Here's a little about Sandy...


"I'm Sandy Ang. A paper-based crafter from the sunny, little island of Singapore. A cardmaker, off-the-page project creator and (very) occasional scrapper. I love playing with lines and shapes to produce layered, textural and often dimensional items. My style varies depending on the supplies I'm working with. It ranges from classic to quirky and irreverent. I approach each project as an exciting opportunity to try to do something new (with fingers crossed that it succeeds). You can see all my designs at my blog http"//angsandy.blogspot.com/.


I feel extremely blessed to be on the design teams of a US manufacturer (Best Creation) and three LSS: (KCK S'pore), Hobby Sew (Australia) and Artfull Crafts (NZ). My designs for Best Creation have been regularly published in e-zines like Scrapbooking.com, Scrapbook News and Review etc. Thank you, Macy for this wonderful opportunity to guest design for Papier Love!"


Do visit Sandy's blog when you can, there are some wonderful creations there and what really impresses me are the cards she created with just a single piece of printed cardstock. It really amazes me how sometimes simplicity can be everything! Here's one of Sandy's made with our little kit...


So-So Happy Card



Materials: Papers from Basic Grey, Chipboards, Flowers from Prima



Check back Thursday, 22nd Sept for another of Sandy's creation. Meanwhile, don't forget to check back for our weekly posts from Papier's DTs.


Happy crafting!

:o)
Macy













4 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

thrilled to see my so, so happy card at Papier. Thank you again for the opportunity

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, love the textures. But how on earth do you put it into an envelope to send?

Anonymous said...

suggest sending it in a lovely box. It will add to the excitement of receiving this lovely card :o)

Janetcraft said...

A real fabulous kind of design...love the way you made the flower..!