It's only a few weeks to Christmas! Would you believe it..? the year flew by so fast and now..the malls are all decked with gorgeous Christmas Trees and beautiful lights aaannnd we're about to celebrate the dawn of another year together as friends & family :)
The month of December is always a month of fun..and we, are at Papier are embarking on a creative endeavor *lol*..The DT projects this month come with a twist! Each of us ladies will be competing against each other with projects using materials from a DT kit that's exactly the same!! (plus other materials like Tim Holtz Dies & Prima and Tattered Angels Stamps) Tough ain't it!? *lol*
But I'm loving it and I'm sure the rest of the ladies are too! :) Read more about the challenge here and Here's my take on the first challenge, which is to create a layout! I love simplicity, and this layout as most of you might later agree, *hehe*, is definitely simple!
Materials Used :
Bazzill Basics Cardstock, Webster's Pages Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Acrylic Paint in Olive, Tattered Angels Stamp, Zing Embossing Powder in Opaque White, Martha Stewart Holiday & Butterfly Punch, Lace, Prima Flowers, AC Thickers
Some scrappy info:
1) First I cut-off the pretty designs off the Webster's Pages PP, and adhered them to the cardstock using foam dots
2) I punched all around the areas of the cardstock that were blank
3) Stamp using the Tattered Angels Flourishes stamps and heat emboss
4) Layer two different butterflies & adhere them as well on parts of the flourishes
5) Adhere photo & prima flower
6) Using Prima stamps, stamp the journal design and adhere behind photo. Be sure to put in a tiny slit so you can weave your lace through
6) Stamp music notes faintly
7) Last touch would be to add on the chipboard and thickers!
* Don't stick everything down permanently so that you can add on or remove little embellishments as you wish like tuck in a piece of chipboard under the fussy cut patterned paper.
Hope my layout inspires & be sure to check out the other DT submissions and cast your vote! Two (2) lucky voters who voted for the winning DT will be chosen to win a little RAK for their support ;)
You can cast your vote simply by clicking on the vote button that appears with a star and vote title under each DT's layout pic. Take note that this is by the top right hand corner of the Papier Blog ;)