Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"Tri Shutter Noel Card" by Amelia Khalik


Hi all, Christmas is just around the corner. Hope you guys are done with the gifts wrapping and card making. If not perhaps this week will be a good inspiration to start on a card or two. I’ll start the week with mine.


I’ve got to admit, this is the hardest card I’ve done so far! Lol. A lot of folding and scoring and I don’t wish to confuse u further. Let’s just see the pics below on how I score n fold my card to have a tri shutter effect.


Then I embellish each page’s with different image and sentiment that was cut out from MM Noel ‘Words Noel’ pp, Snowflake Argyle pp and ‘Christmas Collage’ pp. The background was embossed with TH Damask & Regal Embossing folder.


Poppy flowers is my all time favourite, it is easy n simple to do. Follow the pic tutorial below.


Cut/Punch 4 different circle size.


Ink the edges.


Distressed.


Assemble with the large circle below, followed by the smaller circles on top. Add buttons.

Hope you're inspired to try on these flowers and the tri shutter. Fret not, i got it wrong the first couple of times too. Remember, practice makes perfect! Have a good week. :)

Material used, Making Memory pp, Pink Paislee Pretty Lace pp, Tim Holtz Damask & Regal Embossing Folder, Ice Stickles, MS Puncher, Buttons and Twine.

No comments: