Monday, June 17, 2013

CAS Altered Notebook

June is already at mid-month! Can you believe how time does fly?

In an age of blogging, tablets and smartphones; you rarely find people writing things down on paper. But as crafters I am sure we are of the breed who can still appreciate the lure of charming stationary. I, for one, love pretty notebooks even if they end up never being used.

There's nothing I like better than receiving a new notebook so naturally it is my gift of choice to almost everyone. 

You see we all have a story;  whether or not we put it to paper or tell it to our future generations; I believe stories must be told.

Before I left my previous workplace,  I gave my Irish colleague an altered notebook. It went with her back to Ireland.Early this year she wrote to me saying. "I am writing in the last page of the notebook you gave me. Thank you."

I vowed I would make her another. Whilst doing so, I made one for my dt project of the month. Once it is done its display rotation; it will become a gift for someone else's story.

Supplies used:
1. Cream cardstock T8-808
2. Lilybee design pink mint SSP290
3. Graphic 45 Steampunk collection- victorian transformers 4500261
4. Papier RM50 Prima flower assortment
5. Prima Say it in Crystals gem hearts
6. Bo bunny combo stickers 'c`est la vie'
7. Stella Rose lace
8. Basic plain notebook*
9. Cheery Lynn swirl die
10. Grunge twine*

All items from Papier except items marked *

No comments: