Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love mail box on canvas

Love mail box

Hi and Happy Wednesday! Feels like only yesterday I blog here at Papier. Time flies... I went for shopping last weekend and oh my! it looks like the shops are well prepared for the upcoming Valentine's Day. To join in the heat, I have prepared a very simple project for the V-day. I'm sure some of you will be receiving Valentine cards or even love letters on the fourteenth, so, I have decided to work on something that you can use to store these precious love mementos that can also be displayed on your table or anywhere you like.



All you need is love and patience, and of course; with few papers and other materials to get this done.  Basically, I have used canvas, which has been painted with Martha Stewart's satin paint for its foundation. I have used Bazzil Basics to create the 'mail-box' effect and glued to the canvas sheet. The rest, well, just add on shapes, flowers, ribbons etc to decorate your artwork as you wish. 



 I kinda like the vintage figure on this. She seems to be amongst the flowers and birds in a garden. Don't you feel like this on Valentine's day? Well, I hope you will have the sweetest Valentine's Day ever. 
See you again next week, same time and same place! 

Materials used:
Canvas board
Plain paper: Bazzil Basics
Patterned paper: Pink Paislee - the flowers were fussy cut ( DT kit )
Lace stickers: Cristina Re
Bird stickers: my own collection
Shaped die-cuts: Kaisercarft
Bloomers: Webster's Pages (DT kit)
Ornate plate: Tim Holtz Ideology
Punch: Martha Stewart
Ribbon: from my Feb DT kit

3 comments:

Liza Yahya said...

Indeed love is in the air..and this is a perfect keeper for it :))

Hand Made by SJ said...

sweet nyer color...nice combination of colors...canteeq!

Amelia Khalik said...

The MS Satin Paint looks awesome with canvas! U did a great job painting it! Love the layers of pp too...:)))