Monday, November 7, 2011

Wall Deco by AK


Happy monday crafter's. It's a brand new week and more postings and inspiration from the design team and guest artist. Let me start this week posting with altered wall deco. I have been so busy for the past week till i cant find time to collect my Dt kit. So i use up my stash and left overs for this project.


A simple tutorial on how i did the black record for the deco. I bought the old record at Amcorp mall with fellow crafter Yuz Yusof. It's been in my collection for a while now and finally i decided to do something with it rather than left it collecting dust at my craft corner. 


First step is to apply gesso, 3 layers to be exact.


To speed up the drying process i used heat gun.

Next i misted using Tattered Angel mists.


Finally i applied Distress Crackle in Rock Candy.


Embellish.


I'm sure you can spot an old film, pencil, string, printed bingo card, doilies, button, Prima flowers, stamp butterfly, pearl strand, ribbon, mini cork and spool. 



I think it's a good way to clear my stash and i'm one happy crafter! I can see more possibilities of clearing items on my desk. Just pile them up in an altered project! Voila!!!


See you around next week! :)))


No comments: