Tuesday, March 22, 2011

'Altered Gift box' by Rosa

Its 22311 today. My heart goes out to Japan. I'm out of words, I feel the pain, the sadness and the lost. I've done my part by making some donation to help and support the JRCS disaster relief efforts to help those affected by the earthquake and tsunami. You can do your part too. For those in Malaysia, you can do so, visit MRCS for more info.

For Papier's DT project this week, I altered a gift box using the Basic Grey Curio -'Curiously Cool' kit from Papier. More info on the kit HERE.

This is my 3D version of an altered gift box. I love to alter and RECYCLE. I painted the box black & gold in colour.



I added transparency to the top part of the box to give it a 3D effect, fussy cut the pp and layer them. The butterfly is from the back of BG packaging. I apply the rub-ons onto transparency and cut it out.



I tear out the rose from the BG packaging, distress it, and glue it to the box. New addition to my handmade bloom collection, my version of 3D flower.



Close up of my handmade 3D flower, did it using Slice!



I used the embellishments that is included in the kit and the back of the packaging. Hope you give it a try. Till then, happy crafting sweeties!

From the kit, materials used: Basic Grey Curio pp (heirloom, ophelia, textile), BG rub-ons, MM gems & brads.

Additional materials used: Stickles, transparencies.

No comments: