Monday, March 7, 2011

'Finding Alif' Layout by Amelia Khalik


Hey everyone. How's your monday so far? I'm my usual self, drowning my head in heaps of pattern papers. Hehehe. Today, i'm sharing another layout using Basig Grey Hopscotch Collection. Still playing with  playful colours i decided to scrap a fun photo of my son, Alif.


I first stamped the background before layering few pieces together. I created a tag from BG Monkey Bars pattern paper. I added details like buttons and yellow ribbon. Using my 1' circle puncher on another paper. I got those cute circle to embellish my layout and save time on cutting.


So there you have it. A layout done in less than an hour. Just a tip for the new comers who always ask me this question in class. 'What should i buy first'. My answer is tools!! If you wanted to have a serious hobby, it's worth investing in a good tools like scissors and paper cutter. The next important item is your glue and i dont mind investing on a medium like mists and distress ink to get you started.


Of course the next thing you should get is paper!!!! plenty of papers!!!! lol. So girls, pls share with me what you think is the best items for the newbies? Love to hear your feedback. :))

No comments: