The golden word "Fook" (luck) in front of the card is cut using 2 mm chipboard to allow it to stand out in the light colour background. I am able to achieve this effect thanks to my Big Shot Pro machine with my custom made die. Big Shot Pro is something for you to consider in your next shopping list if you are one of those who love chipboard die cuts and have plenty of ideas.
A fan swings open when the card is opened. I fuzzy cut some cherry blossom flowers and also the bird stamp from the beautiful Graphic 45 Bird Song collection.
- Graphic 45 Bird Song Collection paper
- Cream and Apricot Pearl paper
- 2 mm Chipboard
- BIG SHOT Pro and custom made die
- Spellbinders Majestic Elements "Marvellous Square"
- Martha Stewart "Modern Garland" edge and corner punches
- McGill 1/16" Round punch
- Ranger Distress Ink "Tattered Rose"
- Martha Stewart Gold Acrylic Paint
- Glossy Accents
- Super strong double sided tape
- Rhinestones and other embellishments
Hope this give you some inspirations for your Chinese New Year card. Thank for stopping by and have a wonderful Chinese New Year celebration and good holiday.